Accredited Display Screen Equipment (DSE) workstation assessor training developed and delivered with chartered ergonomist expertise
Ergability provides independently developed workstation assessor training that focusses on enabling attendees to better manage DSE related risks. It is a regulatory requirement that all employers adequately manage DSE related risks and this includes assessing individual employees who use any form of DSE related equipment for significant periods including, but not limited to, desktop computer, laptops, tablets and smartphones. The requirement also extends to mobile and home workers. It is therefore vital that the person, or persons, responsible for managing DSE related risks within an organisation are adequately trained to assess workstations and provide appropriate recommendations. Furthermore, workstation assessor training will help to optimise the health, wellbeing and performance of the work force and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
Our DSE workstation assessor training course has been developed with chartered ergonomist expertise. The course is also accredited by the Chartered Institute Of Ergonomics and Human Factors which is the foremost accreditation body for ergonomics in the UK. We provide public courses to train individuals or several staff members and can also provide courses specifically for your organisation.
Why choose Ergability for your DSE workstation assessor training?
- The training has been developed by a Chartered Ergonomist and Human Factors Specialist (C.ErgHF) which is the premier ergonomist accreditation in the United Kingdom
- Our DSE workstation assessor training has been accredited by the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF) which ensures the training has been professionally reviewed and approved by the chartered body responsible for ergonomics in the UK.
- Ergability is a registered consultancy with the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF) and we are experts in workplace ergonomics.
- The training is delivered by an accredited trainer with extensive experience in DSE related risk management including equipment and environment design, managing organisational DSE requirements, conducting escalated assessments, mentoring staff and designing self-risk assessments.
- Importantly, the training incorporates a significant practical and hands-on element with real DSE equipment. Furthermore, your trainer has extensive experience in health condition management and attendees will be provided with expert guidance on the importance of functional education and postural awareness.
- We understand the importance of maintaining assessor competency and provide the option for attendees to receive ongoing mentoring and support following completion of the assessor training.
- We can deliver the training at your worksite, or a specified venue, for individuals or a group of employees.
Who should attend DSE workstation assessor training?
- People within an organisation who are responsible for DSE risk management including reviewing employee self - risk assessments, procuring DSE equipment and / or conducting face to face DSE assessments.
- Health and safety professionals who wish to obtain further expertise is managing DSE related risks.
- Human resources, healthcare, facilities and / or operational staff with responsibility for DSE risk management
What you will learn from the course?
- A practical understanding of the key aspects of the Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992 (amended 2002).
- The potential health and safety hazards and subsequent risks associated with DSE use including musculoskeletal and neurovascular disorders along with visual strain and mental health compromise.
- An understanding of the key requirements for each DSE element including access, environmental conditions (noise, temperature, lighting), seating, input devices, desks, screens and storage.
- Information on frequently observed issues with DSE use and subsequent recommendations.
- Detailed guidance on the types of DSE equipment and when to consider alternative equipment.
- Recommendations for optimal set up of equipment for DSE use and potential changes in line with variations in user stature and any underlying health conditions and / or symptoms.
- Understanding key user and equipment measurements to ensure adequate set up and use of DSE equipment.
- Understanding requirements for users with specific needs such as children, disabled users and pregnant workers.
- How to adequately document the DSE workstation assessment and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Understanding when to escalate employees for a more detailed ergonomic assessment and evaluation of DSE use.
- Additional health and safety factor for consideration including electric, trip and manual handling hazards.
Prerequisites and additional course details
- There is no pre requisite requirement to attend the course although each attendee will be provided with advice to review Health and Safety Executive guidance on DSE risk management prior to attending the course.
- Attendees are required to completed a multiple choice examination on the day of training and submit a completed DSE risk assessment checklist following the training.
- Attendees will be provided with a comprehensive training guide and checklist for ongoing use.
- Attendees will receive a CIEHF accredited course certificate upon successful completion of the course.
Register your interest in attending a future DSE workstation assessor course
We do not currently have any further public courses scheduled for 2018. However, please complete our enquiry form, email us at email@example.com or call +44 (0)333 3554 184 to express your interest in attending a public course in the future or would like to arrange training to be completed specifically for your organisation.