Ergability Limited in a registered data controller with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and lawfully processes personal data for the purposes of providing ergonomics, occupational health and rehabilitation services. When conducting individual assessments, we require a persons explicit consent to process this data which is necessary to proceed with an assessment and to provide a report to the referring party based on the assessment findings.
What information we hold
The information we hold about individuals is kept to a minimum and details only what is required to allow us to organise workplace ergonomics services such as training, carry out assessments and maintain adequate records required by regulatory bodies and other authorities.
We may hold the following information :
· Details such as an individuals name, telephone number(s), e-mail and/or address;
· Details on an individuals employer and job (if relevant);
· Details of an individuals general practitioner (individual health related assessments only i.e. excludes other workplace ergonomics services such as training);
· Details including medical history, medication, functional capacity and/ or clinical observations from our assessments (individual health related assessments only i.e. excludes other workplace ergonomics services such as training);
· Information from other bodies such as an employer, general practitioner or other professionals where this has been provided to enable assessments to be made of an individuals functional work capacity and potential workplace adaptations and / or adjustments (individual health related assessments only i.e. excludes other workplace ergonomics services such as training).
Why we hold personal information
Ergability staff maintain restricted personal information in order to respond to customer requests and provide updates on our services. Furthermore, we maintain additional personal information about individuals to meet statutory requirements and guidelines, and to enable us to keep an accurate record of contacts that we have had with individuals for ergonomic, occupational health and / or rehabilitation assessments.
We retain individuals data for the duration of their employment with the current employer (at the time of assessment) and for additional periods (after cessation of employment with their current employer) of between 6 to 40 years (health surveillance data) in line with best practice and relevant regulatory guidelines such as the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations.
Maintaining confidentiality of records
All personal data is kept on a central server in the UK hosted by Microsoft Corporation to ensure security of the data. Personal data is encrypted at rest and during transit.
We do not share information we hold about individuals with any other organisations without their expressed consent. Very rarely we may need to override this, following General Medical Council guidance where there is a legal requirement or significant risk to others but would normally seek the individuals consent to do this first.
Access to personal information
Individuals have a right to request access, to view or to obtain copies of what information we hold about them and to have it amended should it be inaccurate. Individuals may also request that information is deleted, but there are some circumstances where we are required to keep records so will not be able to comply with this. Individuals can request this information using any of the contact details below.
We will respond to an individuals request for access to personal information within one month. We may need to request additional information to establish an individuals identity including date of birth, address, and any contact details that we hold to ensure that others are not trying to access their data.
If indivduals have any concerns about the data we hold about them or how we use and process it, please contact us in the first instance. If individuals are still not satisfied they can contact the ICO.
Ergability is registered with the ICO (registration number ZA157164).
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at +44 (0)333 3554 184
Write to us at 5a Caerphilly Business Park, Van Road, Caerphilly, United Kingdom, CF83 3GS
Contact the ICO at www.ico.org.uk or call+44 (0)303 123 1113